Eat. Pray. Love. Laugh. Live.

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts, words and messages contained in this blog ARE reflective of the thoughts words and messages of the author - whom, by the way, is pretty much awesome.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Chicago Story - Part 2

Hmmm. . .where was I - oh yeah, the boat. The wind off of Lake Michigan was kinda cold - I wished that I had brought my adorible hat & some gloves, oh, and maybe a real jacket. I did direct us to sit right in front of 3 young single guys. (I have no idea if they were single, but its my story, so I'll embelish where I want to thank you very much!) After we got off the boat, we were freezing, so we walked back into the main court & began looking at shops.

We were both intregued by the "Build-A-Bear" store - so we went in. This is a place where you basically build your own bear. First you choose what kind of a bear you want, then you go over & help stuff him (you get to choose if he's soft/firm or inbetween.) Then you get to "fluff" him, then you get to dress him. Ada turned to me and said "if you want, I will get you one for your birthday". . .oh my word - it was awesome. Here we were, two 26 year olds, making a bear - and we were having more fun with it than the 5 and 10 year olds. The employees were having fun with us too. I picked out a cute bear, stuffed him until he was very firm, spent forever figuring out what clothes he was gonna have, then had to name him. . .sooo many decisions! I ended up naming him Francis - after our teacher up here (Dr. Francis). Here are some pictures from the start to the finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home