Eat. Pray. Love. Laugh. Live.

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts, words and messages contained in this blog ARE reflective of the thoughts words and messages of the author - whom, by the way, is pretty much awesome.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Welcome to the world Hudson - your cousin is crazy!

Mr. Hudson Paul Row made his long-awaited appearance on Friday, July 13th around 2pm. My roommate Rae & I went up to visit my cousin/very good friend Elizabeth & her husband Brad and new baby Hudson on Saturday afternoon. I got to hold him & I just HAD to check out his reflexes - you know, I have a moral obligation to help thoes in need. He had a positive moro & rooting reflex & his startle reflex was well intact. At one point - his momma was telling us about his amazing tounge. . .so I simply tickled the bottom of his mouth (another trick I learned from pediatrics) - and Mr. Hudson on-cue showed off his amazing lizard tounge! Everyone was very impressed. (I thought they were impressed by me knowing how to do that - but I'm afraid that they were more impressed with baby Hudson.) Oh well. Here's a pic of Elizabeth, Hudson & his favorite 2nd cousin once removed:



Now, about that crazy part. . .why is it that we hold certain people to higher standards than others? It almost seems that we self-pick some people and set the bar so high that it is almost like we set them up to fail & disappoint us. I've done that - and am disappointed. . .but is that fair to me or to them? Does anyone even follow what I'm saying? Oh well - I'm just spouting off on my blog, hoping to return to some sort of "normal" soon. . .yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/15/2007 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I thought I was the only person on earth who does that.

     
  • At 7/29/2007 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am praying for you!!!! I know you are going to do great!!!!!!!!!!!! See you VERY soon. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home