Eat. Pray. Love. Laugh. Live.

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts, words and messages contained in this blog ARE reflective of the thoughts words and messages of the author - whom, by the way, is pretty much awesome.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Chicago Story - Part 3

We left the store & walked out to the attractions. . .there is a HUGEMONGOUS farris wheel where you can get an awesome view of the city - so, of course we rode it. It was beautiful - the farris wheel moves slow & steady - it doesn't ever stop, so you have to hop on while its moving & hop off while its still moving. The entire trip around takes 7 minutes - while you're riding, good ole Frank sings "Chic-ago. . .my kinda of town." We took this picture of the three of us riding:



After the farris wheel, we rode this swing ride - it was fun - however, very cold. My hands were kinda frozen to the chains. We had one more ticket apiece to ride something - so we chose to go back to the farris wheel. While we were standing in line, the guy announced, "the guy in car 25 just asked his girlfriend to marry him. . .and she said YES - so everyone yell when they come down." They were an adorible couple - and it was such a romantic place to do it! By the time Ada & I finished our 2nd ride, we were cold & I had to go to the restroom. . .Ada says, "I know just the place." We hoped on a bus, rode to the middle of the "magnificent mile" then got off and walked for 20 minutes down the busy streets. It was sooo cool! I've been to NYC, but I actually think that I like Chicago better because it was a little cleaner - and not as jam packed. Finally Ada announced, "we're here."

We walked into the lobby of the Hancock building (the 3rd tallest building in Chicago) and proceeded to stand in a very long line. I gave Ada a look - and she said, "just trust me." After about 20 minutes we finally made it to the elevator which flew us up 96 floors. We stepped out into the lobby of a very fancy resturant. The hostess asked us if we were there for drinks & pointed us towards a line. We stood in the line for about 3 minutes, and then Ada said - ok, lets go. We jolted out of line and walked to the ladies' bathroom. . .as soon as I opened the door I understood. . .there were floor to ceiling windows in there - a perfect view of the city. . .it was so beautiful - and we were in the bathroom. . .I kinda just stood there - until Ada said, "um, I thought you needed to go to the bathroom." (Oh yeah, I kinda forgot.)

We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with a friend of Ada's. I only ate 1/3 of my dinner. . .mostly because I wanted to save room for dessert...it was totally worth it. . .I have never seen such a big piece of cake - and it was absolutley delightful. The funniest thing though - is right in the middle of eating dinner, Ada grabbed her phone & called in both of us an order for a personal Chicago style pizza for us to pick up on the way out of the city. . .I just laughed - I felt like all we had done all day was eat!

We found our car and it was all in one piece (thank you Jesus!). Ada was the perfect navigator - we made it to the pizza place & out of town without incident. I got back home around 1am. . .thankfully it was daylight savings time - so my extra hour was much needed.

Thank you Ms. Ada for the absolute best birthday gift of all time! I'm so glad that you're up here in Illinois with me!

1 Comments:

  • At 5/07/2008 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Friend! I enjoyed reading your posts/catching up on your life! I just discovered your blog today. Miss you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home