Eat. Pray. Love. Laugh. Live.

DISCLAIMER: The thoughts, words and messages contained in this blog ARE reflective of the thoughts words and messages of the author - whom, by the way, is pretty much awesome.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Eat. Sometimes being Lazy pays off

I am doing the dreaded "conversion" from night shifts to day shifts. . .I got off this morning around 7:20 - got home at 8:30 (thanks Houston traffic!!!) - slept from 10AM-2PM - and am now forcing myself to stay up until 10PM so that I can get up at 5:30AM to make it to LBJ for the 7A-7P shift tomorrow.

Not only does filp-flopping disturb your sleeping habits, it also throws off your eating schedule too. This morning at 8:30am I had to choose to either eat breakfast or dinner! Now its 7pm and I'm hungry again!! My fridge is stocked with tons of HEALTHY options - chicken, fish, turkey, spinach, fat free this, low calorie that. . .but do you know what I want - CHICK-FIL-A!!! And no, I don't want the simple grilled chicken sandwich that I could drive thru and get and bring home and drink my water and eat my fruit as a side. . .

(btw - this is a GREAT OPTION - always plan out WHAT you are going to eat BEFORE you get hungry and DON'T look at the menu once you get there!! Drive-thru windows are great as long as you don't "order by number" - just get the salad or the grilled sandwich or the burger - you'll save yourself lots of $$$ and lots of CALORIES that way!!!) . . .I digress. . .


NOOO - I want the NUMBER uhhhh - whatever the original chicken sandwich is (the crispy one that doesn't come with vegetables) - with the RED BIIIGGG waffle fries and the BIIIIG cherry coke AND FOUR honey mustard sauces AND a brownie!!! However, this 44 point meal (I'm a weight watchers girl – for the non-weight watchers peeps that’s a TOTAL of 1630 calories!!!) would mean that I'd have to actually go find my shoes and look in the mirror to make sure that I'm presentable AND waltz the entire 0.12 miles to the chick-fil-a that is located in front of my apartment complex. (NOTE TO SELF - next time I'm ranking apartment complexes, make sure the "its right next to Chick-Fil-A is a NEGATIVE" - your weight watchers points will thank you!!)

Anyhow - now that I've spent 15 minutes working on this post - and I'm thinking that I've got to be at work in 12 hours I've lost my drive. . .guess I'll go with the 6 point option that is in my refrigerator. . .because that one doesn't require shoes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home